Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Stitch Fix #2

Last month, I received my first Stitch Fix (click HERE to check out my description of the Stitch Fix process, review, and pictures). Although I only kept one item from that first box (I wear it a lot!), I was really excited about the process and eagerly awaiting my next one.

Monday, I received the email that Stitch Fix #2 was on its way and would arrive Wednesday. I must have checked the FedEx tracking number so many times, but Wednesday evening, it arrived right on schedule, as expected. I had to wait until after I took Sophie to swimming lessons and got her bathed and to bed and then I dove right in.

What I Received



This month's Fix was styled by Samantha. What I loved about the note and style card explaining each selection was that in her explanation, she referenced the feedback I gave about the pieces in my last Fix! It was great to feel like they really heard my feedback and adjusted their ideas about what to send me accordingly.

Note: Sorry for the horrible selfies...you'll note I took some in the morning and some in the evening!

First Item: Mia Melon Paloma Back Jersey Cutout Top, $54

This top was...strange. From the front, it looks normal, but the back has an odd racerback design featuring a line of brown buttons. When I put it on, the Y of the racerback would not lay flat against my back, instead jutting out from my spine like a teapot handle. Also, the jersey material unflatteringly highlighted my mommy pooch in the front and I'm not a big fan of round neck tops (I prefer V or boatneck tops). The color, a deep turquoise, was nice, but that was really the only thing I liked about it. Going back.

Um...

Wha?! Had to contort myself to take this shot.

Second Item: 41Hawthorn Natasha Front Pocket Sleeveless Blouse, $54

Stitch Fix is going to have to come to terms with the fact that I do not do sleeveless. The only time I'm sleeveless is when I'm in a swimsuit (one-piece, of course). I wear blazers over tank tops and cardis over sundresses. This shirt, a deep cobalt blue, highlighted my largish, flabby upper arms while simultaneously hanging so loosely everywhere else that I'm pretty sure people would ask me if I was expecting while wearing it. Going back.


Um...

NO. I don't need people wondering if I'm pregnant.

At this point, you're thinking...I thought you said they listened to your feedback?! And they did...

Third Item: Pomelo Arcade Dot Print Chambray Top, $68

As I pulled out the third blue top of my Fix, I realized that my feedback about being obsessed with navy and that I loved the polka dot trim on the too-small blazer I returned had been remembered. I loved this structured, navy, polka dot shirt on sight and prayed it would fit well. And it is perfect! It is rolled up to three-quarter sleeves (my favorite kind, covering all the flabby bits!) and fits nicely-not too small in the shoulders, not too large everywhere else. So preppy and adorable and perfect for summer! Love, love, love. Totally keeping it!

I got several compliments on this shirt at work today!

Fourth Item: Margaret M Emer High Waisted Cropped Trouser, $98

I had specifically requested cropped pants in my feedback last month for my summer work wardrobe, so I was excited to see these pants. Then, I started looking to put them on and realized they are just pull on-no buttons or zippers. While I thought that might be a challenge, turns out they are easy to pull on, fit fantastically, and are the perfect length! They are super comfortable as well and the high waist reins in the mommy pooch and the whole style of the pant seems flattering. Love! Keeping them.

I had to put my white throw over my dark nightstand so the silhouette of the pant would show. 

I am sucking in so hard because it's the end of the day and I've eaten pasta!

Fifth Item: Kut From the Kloth Denna Colored Skinny Jean, $78

Remember the cranberry corduroy pants that fit great in my last Fix, but were not practical for South Texas in springtime? Well, I mentioned that I loved the fit of the pant, but preferably in another material and Samantha came through-sending me a white denim version of the same pant! These look really cute with the navy polka dot top and pretty much anything else for summer. Sold! Keeping them.

Love...

My Thoughts Overall

So, first Fix-one out of five keepers, second Fix-three out of five keepers! Honestly, that was more than I expected in terms of improvement. If I had decided to keep all five items, with the $20 styling fee applied and the buy all 25 percent discount, all five would cost me $249. Since I know I would absolutely not wear the two items I'm returning, I'm comfortable with that and will only have to pay $224 for the three items I chose to keep (with the $20 styling fee applied).

While that might seem high to some, the uniqueness of the items I'm receiving, coupled with the fact that I didn't have to leave the house to search for them, makes this money well spent in my eyes.

My next Fix arrives in mid-May, three days before my 41st birthday, so I really hope I get some cute stuff!

Disclaimer: The Stitch Fix links I put throughout this post are referral links. If you use my referral link to sign up for Stitch Fix, I will receive a $25 credit to my account to put toward a future Stitch Fix. However, all the opinions here are my own and I am not being reimbursed in any way to review Stitch Fix. I'm doing this for fun and paying for everything out of my own pocket!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, yay! I love that polka dotted shirt on you and you wound up with some great pants! I got the Margaret M High Waisted Trouser, too, though in an orangey/pink tone ... totally love them, too, and was stoked there's no buttons, snaps or zippers to contend with. It's like maternity pants going mainstream, ha! Seems like you made the right call on the first two tops, too. Watch out, third time is a charm (it's the fix where I bought everything!). My fourth fix shows up next week; can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Margaret M High Waisted Trouser is the best...I wish I had them in every color! So excited for my next Fix! Feels like I'm getting a present every month. :)

    ReplyDelete